Better check the label on your bicycling trou before heading out for your next spin.
Police in Poland say a 55-year-old man suffered 2nd degree burns on his legs and stomach after his pants spontaneously caught fire.
“Witnesses said he was like a flaming human torch cycling along the road.”
At a loss to explain why those pants ignited, police said it could have been a reaction between friction, sweat and the material of his trousers.
Mieczyslaw Jasinski was bicycling home from work when he smelled something burning and discovered his pants caught fire. He jumped off the bike and rolled around in the snow to put out the flames.
The UK-based website, Ananova.com, doesn't offer many other details about the fire in its story, Hot Pants. It carried other news, though, about a 5-year-old Czech boy stealing a car and a newborn baby surviving a fall onto the tracks from a “toilet” on a train in India.