You can show your support for bicycling this Friday by riding your bicycle to work.
To help in this endeavor in the Seattle area, dozens of bike commuter stations will be set up from 6 to 9 a.m. during Bike to Work Day.
View Commute Stations — Bike to Work Day presented by F5 in a larger map
The Cascade Bicycle Club mapped out all the stations at right. They’re located from Lake Stevens in the north to Federal Way in the south, and Bremerton in the west to Preston in the east.
That’s where bike commuters can find maps, bike swag and encouragement. Local bike shops will staff some of the commuter stations and provide light maintenance for free.
Here are some events associated with Bike for Work Day:
- The Seattle ride and rally with two Seattle council members leaves the Fremont Bridge at 7:30 and ends at KEXP, 113 Dexter Ave, Seattle, for a rally at 8 a.m.
- Washington Bikes will have a bike commuter station at its office in Pioneer Square. Zeitgeist coffee and Grand Central Bakery cookies will be provided.
- Choose Your Way Bellevue is sponsoring a bike commute station from 6 to 9 a.m. Friday at the Bellevue Transit Center at 108th Avenue NE and NE Sixth Street. Refreshments offered by Top Pot Doughnuts and Whole Foods.
- Everett’s Celebration Ride leaves Wall Street and Oakes Avenue at 7:30 for a “fun-filled” ride to Everett Station. Participants will receive gifts and can win prizes.
- Seattle After Party from 4:30 to 6:30 p.m. Friday at the Velo Bike Shop, Sixth Avenue and Blanchard Street in Seattle. Food and beverages provided by Tom Douglas Restaurants.
Where to find information on Bike to Work events elsewhere in Washington state;