3333 Manchester Avenue
- The 2019 San Diego Century Bike Ride will be held on Saturday May 18, 2019, rain or shine.
- CHECK IN – You must check in and pick up your bike number and course ID wristband
- FRIDAY May 17 – Revolution Bike Store, 235 S. Coast Highway 101, Solana Beach from 12:00 to 7:00pm. Parking is available at CVS Pharmacy, one block south of Revolution.
- SATURDAY May 18 – MiraCosta College (MCC), 3333 Manchester Avenue, Cardiff (Encinitas) between 6:00am and 8:00am
- ON-LINE REGISTRATION CLOSES 11:59pm May 14. Riders not yet entered will be able to late register at Revolution Bike Store on Friday noon-7pm or MCC on Saturday 6am-8am
- WAIVERS – All riders MUST sign the 2019 San Diego Century Event Waiver and the County of San Diego Waiver at check-in before being issued a number.
- FRIENDS AND FAMILY PICK-UP – Packets MAY be picked-up for pre-registrants if they present the following at Packet Pick-up/Registration:
- WRISTBAND – You will receive a colored wristband when you check in. The wristband will get you into the aid stations on the course for which you have registered.
- BIKE NUMBER (102.5 riders only) – please attach bike number to your bike per the instructions. This is the timing chip required for the time trial on the Purple Monster.
- BIKE CARD – please attach the bike card with the twist ties to the handlebars of your bike. It helps the SUPPORT CREW looking after you. The telephone number for dispatch in case of a breakdown or emergency is printed on your number.
- ROUTE/CUE SHEET – Courses are marked with signs at all turns and major intersections. Please print a copy of the route sheet for your route and bring it with you on the ride. http://spectrumsportsevents.com/san-diego-century
- PRE-PURCHASED CLOTHING – Pick up your order at the Merchandise Booth during registration 12-7pm on Friday or on Saturday 6am-4pm.
- SDC T-SHIRT, JERSEY & HAT – Logoed SDC clothing will be available for purchase Friday & Saturday at the Expo.
- FINISH REUNION – All registered riders who participate in the event will receive $5 in coupons for food from food trucks. You will receive them with your medal upon finishing. Please bring extra money WITH YOU for additional food purchases.
- PARKING – Free Parking is provided at MiraCosta College (start/finish), and the Greek Orthodox Church.
Follow instructions of parking monitors.• MCC opens at 5:00am and can be full by 6:30am• Greek Orthodox opens when MCC is full
- START TIME – RIDERS WILL BE SENT OFF IN WAVE STARTS
6:00am – First 105 mile wave released
6:45am – Last 105 mile wave
6:45am – First 67 mile wave
7:15am – Last 67 mile wave
7:15am – First 33 mile wave
7:30am – Last 33 mile wave
- CLOSING TIMES – The finish is CLOSED AT 5:30PM.
Aid SAG stations along the course will close earlier:
16 mile @ 10:30am
29 mile @ 11:30am
42 mile @ 12:30pm
66 mile @ 3:30pm
80 mile @ 4:30pm
Riders unable to maintain pace on the course should make personal provisions for aid and SAG to be available past these times. See #16.
- SUPPORT – There are on-course mechanical & SAG aid as well as SAG/aid stations.
- For serious emergencies during the ride, call 911
- For mechanical breakdowns, call or text the event dispatcher at (909) 670-9344 if a race vehicle has not stopped for you. This is an answering service and we will attend to your needs as quickly as possible.