Just got back from my first bicycle ride of '05, and the first as a “double-nickeler.” Not much to brag about — 12.72 miles in 1:01 — but I'm happy with the fact that I just got out on my birthday. I've done fewer than a dozen bike rides since I was sick back in October, and I considered skipping today given the 32-degree temperature. (A wind chill calculator tells me my exposed parts suffered an 18-degree wind chill factor as I raced down to Lake Washington.) Other than feeling cold and lazy, I'm all right. Wore my booties, ski mask, and Gor-tex jacket in addition to the bicycling gear.
Permanent link to this article: https://www.bikingbis.com/2005/01/04/first-ride-of-the-year/
Best Bike Rides – Seattle
- Bicycle Weekends return to Lake Washington Boulevard in 2023
- Palouse to Cascades trail trestle opens in Eastern Washington
- East meets West as Beverly Bridge across the Columbia River opens for bicyclists on April 8
- RAGBRAI co-founder passes
- Check those bike pedals: Trek recalls Bontrager Satellite City pedals
- Road Test: Ibis DV9Can Ibis’s updated hardtail live up to the original?
- The Middle of Nowhere is in Eastern Nevada... and you should go there.
- Gearing Up to Get Out, At Any SizeWhen Marley Blonsky riding bikes nearly 10 years ago in Seattle, it was a struggle to find even basic padded shorts or a jersey to fit her plus-size body. These days there's a world of inclusive sizing if you know where to look, and we have her recommendations here.
- Hidalgo County Precinct 1 breaks ground on 16-mile Hike & Bike trail | KVEO-TVWESLACO, Texas (ValleyCentral) — Work has begun on the Precinct 1 Hike & Bike Trail, according to Hidalgo County Precinct 1 Commissioner David L.
- Melbourne father killed after electric unicycle crash on bike trail - 9News... bike trail in Melbourne. James Barella, 35, was travelling along the Darebin Creek Trail in Bellfield about 5pm yesterday when the incident occurred.
- With a $1 million grant, Mass MoCA is poised to partner with North Adams on projects like ...... biking on the rail trail. A man rides his bike on the Ashuwillticook Rail Trail in 2019. Part of the $1 million grant awarded to Mass MoCA will ...
- Webinar: How Legislation Can Support Slow RoadsLast year, the League of American Bicyclists launched the Slow Roads Save Lives campaign. The campaign aims to create safer roads where people biking, walking, using mobility devices, and driving… The post Webinar: How Legislation Can Support Slow Roads appeared first on League of American Bicyclists.
- A unique opportunity to support student well-being through cyclingWhen many Americans think of their childhood, we may recall riding a bike, and the joy and freedom that came with it. While this may be a memory shared by… The post A unique opportunity to support student well-being through cycling appeared first on League of American Bicyclists.
- New Education Initiative: Launching Youth Learn to RideDo you remember when you first learned to ride a bike? Think about it – that first time you felt the wind in your hair as your heart raced from… The post New Education Initiative: Launching Youth Learn to Ride appeared first on League of American Bicyclists.