A bicyclist remembered as a renowned Iowa custom bike-frame builder collapsed during Monday’s stage of RAGBRAI and later was pronounced dead at a hospital. [Update: Later in the week, on Wednesday, a Sioux City man died of a heart attack in his tent. George “Frank” Brinkerhoff, 74, was president of the Siouxland Cyclists bike club. KTIV.com said he …
Tag: bike frames
Permanent link to this article: https://www.bikingbis.com/2014/07/23/custom-bike-frame-builder-dies-during-ragbrai/
Best Bike Rides – Seattle
- Bicycle Weekends return to Lake Washington Boulevard in 2023
- Palouse to Cascades trail trestle opens in Eastern Washington
- East meets West as Beverly Bridge across the Columbia River opens for bicyclists on April 8
- RAGBRAI co-founder passes
- Check those bike pedals: Trek recalls Bontrager Satellite City pedals
- Road Test: Ibis DV9Can Ibis’s updated hardtail live up to the original?
- The Middle of Nowhere is in Eastern Nevada... and you should go there.
- Gearing Up to Get Out, At Any SizeWhen Marley Blonsky riding bikes nearly 10 years ago in Seattle, it was a struggle to find even basic padded shorts or a jersey to fit her plus-size body. These days there's a world of inclusive sizing if you know where to look, and we have her recommendations here.
- Police officer charged in relation over Jai Wright's death | SBS NITVA police officer has been charged over the death of a Dunghutti teenager who died after the trail bike he was riding collided with the officer's ...
- Illegal hiking, biking trails are a problem. BLM wants to find a solution - Las Vegas Review-JournalHave you been out hiking or biking around Southern Nevada and realized that you weren't on an official trail? Since the COVID-19 pandemic, ...
- Businesses play key role in bicycle-friendly communities | The Arkansas Democrat-Gazette... bicycling, recently released its list of new and renewing ... bike and multiuse paved trails being intricately woven into the regions recreational DNA.
- Five Ways to Grow Support for Trails, Walking and BikingIt’s an exciting time for the trails movement. The demand for trails has been steadily growing in communities across the United States—where ambitious plans to connect trails and other active transportation infrastructure are rapidly rolling out to help people safely and conveniently get where they want to go, whether or not they drive. Furthermore, unprecedented […]
- Alabama’s Hugh S. Branyon Backcountry TrailTrail of the Month: December 2023 “We tried to come up with activities that fit in with the nature theme of the park.” —Phillip West, director of Orange Beach’s Coastal Resources Department The smell of saltwater wafted through the air on a temperate September afternoon. The few clouds in the perfectly blue sky diffused the […]
- Christopher “Salt” Morton’s Trail Moments: A Journey of Self-ReflectionWe’re calling on everyone to make getting outside on trails a bigger part of their everyday lives. Research shows that spending time in nature can have a positive impact on our health and wellness—and trails provide ways to access the outdoors and spaces for self-care. We asked Chris “Salt” Morton to share more about his […]
- Webinar: How Legislation Can Support Slow RoadsLast year, the League of American Bicyclists launched the Slow Roads Save Lives campaign. The campaign aims to create safer roads where people biking, walking, using mobility devices, and driving… The post Webinar: How Legislation Can Support Slow Roads appeared first on League of American Bicyclists.
- A unique opportunity to support student well-being through cyclingWhen many Americans think of their childhood, we may recall riding a bike, and the joy and freedom that came with it. While this may be a memory shared by… The post A unique opportunity to support student well-being through cycling appeared first on League of American Bicyclists.
- New Education Initiative: Launching Youth Learn to RideDo you remember when you first learned to ride a bike? Think about it – that first time you felt the wind in your hair as your heart raced from… The post New Education Initiative: Launching Youth Learn to Ride appeared first on League of American Bicyclists.